Céline Miconnet is a graduate from the Sorbonne University (Paris), where she studied English language and civilization, Russian and Eastern languages. She worked as a top executive before discovering Yoga in London in 1993. She received a first degree in Sivananda Yoga in India in 1997.
In the meanwhile, she also studied western psychology, relaxation techniques, and communication techniques such as:
- Conscious breathing and emotional decoding
- Traditional Indian Ayuverdic massage in Kerela in India, and in Paris
- She studied with Carmen Enguita male and female’s relationship to their own bodies, sexuality, self-esteem, life and rhythm cycles and self-empowerment techniques.
- Traditional Reiki healing: energetic technique of relaxation and personal development.
- Eriksonian hypnosis with Kevin Finel, director of the ARCHE (Academy of Research and Knowledge in Eriksonian Hypnosis)
- E.M.D.R. (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) with teachers expert in physical and emotional pain healing.
She also graduated as a Certified Iyengar Teacher at the Iyengar Center in Paris, a worldwide renowned professional school dedicated to the Iyengar Yoga style, directed by Corine and Faeq Biria, disciples of the founder B.K.S. Iyengar. It is a 4 years intensive training, with high level education in pedagogy, anatomy, and Indian philosophy.
Céline graduated from the Yoga Institute BKS Iyengar in Pune, India, the Memorial Ramayani Yoga Institute, worldwide renowned. Since 2003, she quit her managerial position at Reuters (press agency), and she dedicated herself to her passion for Yoga. She founded the Himayoga Institute, certified as a professional training center at the Work Department Affairs of the region Ile de France.
Our teachers at Himayoga are not only certified experts in yoga, but they are also passionate about yoga. They are eager to share their knowledge, their love and their enthusiasm for yoga, following Céline Miconnet’s philosophy, the Director of the Institute. In this perspective, the whole team is available to answer your questions, even individually.
Himayoga’s faculty is a team of yoga experts, highly qualified. Our teachers graduated from the most prestigious Yoga Institutes in France and in India.